Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moving along Street scene 2 x 2 feet

This is the fun part - placing cut-outs here and there. My little kitty photo is placed to check perspective - I drew a coachman and placed him to decide if I want to add another cab. Fun.


Put in another 15 minutes - keeping it loose and fun. I have been using a cheap acrylic "white" which is great for body color/mixing/lightening but is not really opaque. Today I used a bit of true titanium white. I'm using a flash for the photos which is a no-no but oh well at this point.


The sky should be darker but I hit upon a winter sky color I have been searching for -- this shade is used often by my favorite painter, Childe Hassam (1859-1935) in his winter street scenes- if he had lived to 100 years I could have met him. I have left a border top and bottom but will probably fill those in. The cab drivers will be painted next.

No comments: